Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Rules Update...

Just a quick update on the Christmas Rules.  I was really cruisin' along with this piece - having a lot of fun.  Today, I had to rip almost an entire rule out.  I started to stitch the "Listen for Reindeer" rule and did not notice until I was well into it that the chart is blocked a little different.  I counted it as I have all my others - big mistake.  Why does it take so long to rip stitches out????  Oh, well.  The deed is done and I am working on it again.  Here is a look at the piece to date.


Halloween is over and I have taken all of the decorations down.  My mom is a very talented quilter.  My love of fabric and all things stitchy comes from her.  I have been lucky enough to receive a few gifts for Halloween from her (I love to decorate for Halloween).  It's always so sad to put them away.  I do wish I could display them longer - they really are beautiful.  Pictures do not do them justice.
Ghost Table Runner


This year's gift - a beautiful wall hanging or table runner with Halloween scene. 
Love it!!  :o)

Well, I must be going.  Just taking a quick break.  My youngest woke up last night with the stomach flu.  It was a long night.  Things are better now, but he still needs his mom.  I anticipate a busy week with turkey day quickly approaching.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

Christine

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christine, Christmas Rules is coming along nicely..I know what you mean about the ripping out!! Sometimes I just get relaxed forgetting the designer might have had a little change up in the design!! You have made alot of progress though and it looks nice!

    Have a great week and enjoy some "girl time" (I am like you...a husband and two sons...Do we have a chance???hahahaha

    Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rules looks great! I'm on the last band right now. I had to count the reindeer one out several times to get it right. It was a bit tricky!
    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog yesterday. I love sharing with all of you! The stars in my front room came from AmericanTinStar.com. They have a HUGE selection of sizes and colors, and the prices are very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete